30 Mar 2014

LoL Frace Lipstick in Think Pink and BOE Beauty Jumbo Wind Up Lips Review

 BOE Beauty is a brand that I believe is exclusively sold by Big W, with products costing between $2 and $3 AUD. LOL is a brand sold by but is independent to Kmart, with prices between $1-$3. The lip products I am reviewing today are LOL Lipstick in Think Pink and BOE Beauty Jumbo Wind Up Lips in an unlabeled nude shade and 24 Knockout Red.
The second swatch from the left of the picture is the nude shade of BOE, and the third swatch is LOL Lipstick in Think Pink.

The first swatch from the left of the picture is the red shade (24 Knockout Red) of BOE Beauty Jumbo Wind Up Lips.

The red tube of BOE Beauty Jumbo Wind Up Lips has a label on it that specifies the colour as 24 Knockout Red, however the tube of the nude shade is missing this sticker. The sticker has the barcode on it, and on the Knockout Red I notice that the sticker prevents the tube from winding. It's possible I took this off myself after buying it, or it was stuck to the outside of the plastic wrap on the nude tube. Either way there is not a great range of colours (I believe I have only seen three) and the nude shade is fairly true to the color of the tube.

Both lipsticks are completely odor free and don't have a noticeable taste in my opinion. Both are a plus to me, because scents and flavors for lip products tend to be very touch and go. The back of the tubes list the address of BOE Beauty as being on Woolworths Way, which indicates that BOE is most likely a subsidy of Woolworths (who also own Big W). While the brand has an Australian address, the product was made in China.

The net weight of the products is listed as 2.5g. There is a symbol that appears to be a round container with a lid floating above it at an angle and has 12 M inside it. This is on both products. The cost me $2 each, if I remember right. The products are not available on the Big W Website, so it appears you can only buy them in store.


The nude shade of BOE Beauty Jumbo Wind Up Lips
BOE Beauty Jumbo Wind Up Lips in #24 Knockout Red

The silver part of the tube is the winding part, and as you can see the sticker is badly placed.

The listed ingredients are obsured by the sticker as well, but are listed on the other tube (and appear to be the same): Paraffinum Liquidum, Synthetic Wax, Petrolatum, Copemicia Cenfera (Camauba) Cera, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceide, Ceresin, Butyrospermum, Parkil Oil, Polybutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, BHT, May Contain: CI 15850, CI 77491, CI 77891, CI 77492, CI 77499.

 LOL lipstick cost me $1, if I remember right. It has somewhat of a candy smell, which I don't mind too much but could live without as it is quite strong. Kmart does not have a makeup section on their website, but LOL cosmetics have a website and a Facebook page. The website specifies that they don't believe in animal testing, so that's good. Think Pink (#05) is one of ten shades. It appears to be a French brand (small writing on the back of the tube list the brand as LOL France, and lists an address in Lyon), however it also says the product is made in P.R.C. The lipstick is 3g and has the same round container logo as mentioned for the BOE lipsticks above.

Ingredients are listed on the back as: Paraffinum Liquidum, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Alba, Titanium Dioxide, Cera Camauba, Microcristallina Cera, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum. May Contain: CI 77499, CI 42090, CI45410, CI 77491.



Here are the three lipsticks on my lips (I have quite pale cool skin)

The nude shade of BOE Beauty Jumbo Wind Up Lips
 This is a pink-toned nude. Few nude lipsticks suit my skin tone, but this one does.


BOE Beauty Jumbo Wind Up Lips in #24 Knockout Red

 Knockout Red is a nice pink-toned red. It is fairly sheer.

LOL Lipstick in #05 Think Pink
 Think Pink is a nice, fairly light, purple-toned pink. I love this shade. This is a little sheer, but not as sheer as Knockout Red.


The major plus of these three lipsticks is that I love all three shades (particularly the nude and Think Pink) and they are very cheap - especially compared to the general prices of cosmetics in Australia. They are not the most long-lasting lip products I've used (they don't claim to be either), but you can increase longevity by using lip liner. Also, they are pretty easy to reapply and don't stain in a horrible way as far as I've noticed.

LOL Think Pink lasted on my lips for over an hour with clear lip liner, although I'm still unconvinced by this particular lip liner doing anything, but that only speaks well for the lipstick. It didn't look bad as it faded and didn't stain badly. Drinking a coffee did take it right off, but it's easy to reapply and to carry in your purse.

Knockout Red lasted for an hour or two before fading into a nice dark pink stain. Again, it's easy to reapply. The nude colour lasted about the same amount of time and quietly faded away without staining.

Knockout Red appears to be the sheerest shade of the three, while the nude BOE shade is the most opaque. I tend to judge sheerness/opacity of lip products by their ability to conceal the scar on my lip. It's not visible in the above pictures, but I could see it in the mirror when I swatched Knockout Red and Think Pink. It was barely visible under the nude shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment