13 Oct 2014

Favourite Makeup Posts This Month on Reddit




"Today's Fall Inspired FOTD" (FOTD stands for 'face of the day') by Checkmate1234. She said: "Not sure what neck of the woods you hail from - but where I live, it's beginning to get rather chilly! Thought I'd bust out my fall colors and match my look to the changing season. :)" and listed the products she used.



"Artsy-fartsy paintbrush stroke-inspired eye makeup" by mkguyote. She said "Saw that last image in the album on Pinterest and since I love artistic looks in general I knew I had to try it. Varied the color and structure a bit; I had this vision of bolts of electric blue shooting out of a cloud of purpley smoke." There are more photos included in the post, as well as on her blog. Her blog, like this eye makeup look, is super cute! The list of products can be found here, and in her blog post.



"decided to play with my lorac pro2 this morning - navy smoke it is!" by GlitteronyourFace. This awesome look was done using the Lorac Pro2 palette (obviously), but the full list of products can be found here.
She says "For this look I used the Lorac Pro 2 palette - specifically Nectar and Light Brown in the Crease, Buff on the brow bone, Navy packed on the lid, and Beige on the brow bone and inner corner. Oh, and Charcoal is also in the crease to deepen the Navy." Her blog is here, you should check it out.


"My first time daring to wear this lip outside of the house. I owe my newfound confidence to you, MUA! feat. Maybelline The Nudes!" By Blekah. Her product list can be found here.



""I'll just do one neutral eye," I say. "It'll take five minutes," I say." By 1_DayAtATime. Such a cute fun look! She said: "Using UD's Virgin as a base, traced out the crease first with Naked and then Buck. Used UD's Peace over half the lid and bottom lid. Then blended teal color from L.A. Colors Water Lily palette onto bottom lid. Tightlining eyeliner was Bobbi Brown's gel liner and Stila Stay All Day Liner for the wing". Also, her instagram is Breebeauty411 if you want to check her out :)



"Rosey Red Makeup Look" by KikiDeevolution. Such a cute and sophisticated look! Her product list is here. 



"Why bother matching your foundation shade when you can just use them all!?" by Warrden. While not an everyday wearable look this is absolutely amazing. Reminds me of an art piece. She has a Facebook, and you should check out her Instagram: @cnartistry.



"New favorite red lip: Napa Vineyard--Burt's Bees" by gthomas13. Her thoughts on the Burt's Bees lip colour: "I didn't have super high expectations for this color but it suits my complexion so well (this picture doesn't quite do it justice). This is also without a liner and it took me maybe 3 seconds to apply. Super easy, super pigmented, super smooth, super beautiful. I'm in love". Her full product list is here. 




 "In The Deep End: A Smokey Teal and Pink Look :)" by macker401347. Such a cute mermaid-esc look! There are more pictures included in the post. Her full product list is here. You should also check out her blog :)



"First Attempt at Galaxy Makeup using new Makeup Forever Shadows (30 Artist Shadow Palette)" by oatberry. This is amazing and so cute! I think it would look great with a little black sparkly dress, especially for a "night under the stars" or similar themed party. There are more photos included in the post, which you should check out. Her product list can be found here.
She now has a YouTube channel you should check out. :)


"Neutral Smoked Winged Liner for Fall using Maya Mia Palette" by pittpanthermua. Her product list and some diagrams for recreating her eyeshadow look can be found here. There are more photos in the post, including a close up of her eye, which you should check out because her eyeshadow is amazing. Her Instagram is @pittpantherelle and her blog is here



"Vice 3 palette look and grand pumpkin lipgloss from Mac/Simpsons :)"  by Mollydolly. She listed the products here. This is such a cute, simple but amazing autumn/fall look, which could also double as an evening look for those not in the nothern hemisphere.



"Using Chequered Lily Apothecary's "Hearts in Ice" on brows" by Supercircinus. She also has some other creative avant garde inspired looks included in the post. Her blog is alittlejar.blogspot.com




"I love a bold lip and some contouring " by rsquaredpie. I love this simple look and bold blue lip. Also, look at that contour! Amazing! Her product list is here.




"Purple and black liner" by Kaayell. So so cute! I actually copied this tonight on one eye just to try it, using MAC Paint Pot in Blitz & Glitz and Australis Budge Proof Gel Eyeliner in Pure Purple. Her product list is here.


"Late-night experimentation with an eyeshadow look that's outside of my comfort zone!" by Lumiere. This is amazing! I've got to try this myself. Her product list is here.




 "I found a NYX Studio Liquid Liner in "Extreme Coffee" that I forgot I had (oops) and tried out a gradient liner look for fall!" by threat_levelmidnight. I love the liner, it's so cute and sophisticated. I need a brown/brownze gel liner now! That contour on those cheekbones is amazing, and such a cute hair colour! Her product list is here. 



"Pop of color LOTD feat. Vice 3 and the Electric palette!" by sweaterbrau. I love the pops of colour on an otherwise neutral look. Its super cute and really well done. I wish I could get my eyeliner so straight. She says: "Center lid shade is "brokedown" from Vice 3. The outer corner is darkened with "defy", and the crease is transitioned with "DTF" (also used on lower lash line). Browbone has been highlighted with "truth". On the inner corner I blended Nyx milk as a base and packed on "thrash" from the Electric palette. I lined my inner rim with milk and packed on "chaos" overtop.
Upper liner is wet'n wild Fergie gel liner, and mascara is good ol' clump crusher."



 "Another halo eye, this time featuring the LORAC Unzipped palette! With a short tutorial. :)" by PainfulHiccup. Her tutorial and product list is here.



"Seeing Red: FOTD featuring red eyeshadow" by aborted_foetus. The red eyeshadow is subtle in this photo, but there are closed eye photos included in the post. Her product list is here.



"I am in love with purple lips" by maliciouscheese. That purple lipstick looks amazing, and surprisingly natural on her! Her product list is here.




"Burgundy gradient liner with the Vice 3 palette" by sporophyte. This is an amazing ombre liner! Her product list is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment